Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 20: This Month


Like I've said before, it's a trip how the timing of these comes about. This has been a pretty interesting month, to say the least. And by month, I'm assuming they mean this month, which is September. I'll start with the stress I was feeling from the restraining order. But as I'd said before, it was granted. The funny thing is that it actually reunited me with my friend Sky. I hadn't seen him in a while, but I ran into him one day and told him I needed him to come to court with me and he was there. So on top of getting rid of the person that's been on my damned nerves for the last four years, it reunited me with a good friend. After court he and I also got to hang out for a while with our friend Murph.

There was also House in the Park, which is a huge event to many of the club heads that I roll with. We had a lot of fun embracing and recalling old times. It was like a high school reunion as we hugged and hung out. Its almost like everyone I know with locs was there. I even ran into a few friends that I hadn't seen in a few years. Needless to say, I'll be there next year as well.

September also had me meeting a little girl that changed how I feel about myself and my profession. I hope that little Keisha gets the help she needs, but my love and dedication to that little girl showed me that social work is what I'm supposed to do and I'm always going to love her for that. I looked back at some of my old blogs from a year or two ago and I really had no damned clue what I wanted to do with my life. Keisha gave me purpose.

Also this month has been my son's third birthday. We're taking him out tomorrow to celebrate, but it was the other day. On his birthday I guilted his dad into coming with us to the playground. I noticed two amazing things while we were at the playground. The first is how active he was. The first time I took him to this playground was about a year and a half ago (here). I was frustrated that he just didn't get the hang of things. This time around he was all over the place and he actually knew how to use the equipment. I guess he just needed a little practice and a little more growing. The next thing I noticed was how much Pumpkin adores his daddy. While there he hung on to his dad's every move, to the point where if Pookie stepped on a set of rocks, Pumpkin was right there, on the same rocks. I realized all over again how blessed I am for them to have one another.

So those three things have been my month so far. My life is awesome.

No comments: