Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 19: Something I Regret

Hmmm... this one took a lot of thinking for me. It's just that I don't really regret a lot of things. Sure, there are plenty of things that I did that I wish I could redo, but I try not to live my life thinking of what I did that I want to undo, but instead learning from it. As much as I wish I could, I don't even regret my time with my ex because I learned a lot from it and it made me the person that I am.

But there IS one thing that I regret. I regret hurting Pookie's ex-wife. I've never said that I regret meeting him, because meeting him is what caused us to have my son, who I'll NEVER regret. But I do regret the immense pain that my being with Pookie caused her. I remember watching Why Did I Get Married, and crying as Jill Scott's character talked about how much she was hurting when she learned her husband was cheating. I never set out to hurt his ex-wife. Granted, I'm not fond of her, but I'd never wish the pain she went through on anyone.

Although, I must admit that Pookie has never been one to be happy in a committed relationship. So in the end I'm happy that she'll be able to find a man that loves her for who and what she is, because trust me, Pookie isn't and never really has been the right man for her.

1 comment:

Ray Ray said...

that is a really really big thing to admit..like seriously..i dont know if i would have had the courage to say that...that shows that you have a conscience which most ppl lack in this day n age