Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 1: Introduce Myself


So I saw on the blog of my homie Kingsmomma something about a 30 day blog challenge. I asked her about it, so she forwarded me the email. I looked over it and decided that I'd do it myself. So here goes.

My name is Malika Fl.owers and I'm 30 years old. I am a gemini and a mother of a fantastic 2-year-old boy who will be 3 in september. I live with his father who is also my boyfriend. It is strange for me to call him that. We've only been committed for a couple of weeks now, but so far so good. He and I have had a long road, but I love him more than he'll ever know and I look forward to see how things will be with us.
Personality-wise, I'm a tried and true wiseass. I am extremely sarcastic and I don't back down easily from challenges. I'm a proud woman and I hate stupidity.

I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I am a graduate of Kennesaw State University, where I majored in Communications with a concentration in Media studies. I chose Kennesaw after I'd been at Life University and I realized that I hated it. Many of the students there talked about Kennesaw like it was the promised land, so I decided to go there. I remember how much I cried when I found out that I'd been accepted. I learned a lot going to Kennesaw and I will always treasure the education I received there.

I currently work as a social worker. I work with children that have behavioral problems. I initially got my job through my dad because after graduating, I couldn't find anything. It quickly became a labor of love. I would do my job for free. The youngest child I worked with was 6 years old, and the oldest was a girl that just graduated high school. The coolest thing about my job is getting to work with kids and let them know that I once was once where they are and that they can go far if they try. I'm pretty much like family to the parents I work with. The kids really get me and I get them. One of the girls was actually not covered, but I continued to stay with her anyway. Some of the kids I would actually adopt if I could and had to. I love my job. I'd like to do more of it so I am about to take the GRE so that I can get my master's degree and make even more money in my field.

In my spare time I like to sleep. Seriously. However when you have children that isn't much of an option. Slightly before my 30th birthday I decided that I tired of being overweight so I've started dieting and exercising. I've lost about 10 lbs and I recently jogged a mile and a half straight, which is quite an accomplishment for me since up I'd always led a lazy lifestyle. I also like to write. I have a blog (obviously) and I also write for Kreativesouls.com and Flaimahmy.com.

Okay, I guess that describes me. So far so good on day one.

1 comment:

Ray Ray said...

I'm kinda going thru sporadically and looking at blog postings old and new lol...at any rate, thats quite an intro..a thirty day blog challenge huh? sounds interesting..i think i wanna do it too..it'll be cool i think.